Following recent changes in Governor Walz’s orders related to the pandemic and a significant reduction in local COVID-19 cases, the Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC) board is once again holding its meetings in person.
The public may attend in person or view the meeting live through a link that will appear on this webpage under "Upcoming Events" closer to the meeting date.
All meetings of the commission and its committees are open to the public. MAC commission and committee meetings are also archived for future viewing.
Standing committees include:
- Planning, Development and Environment
- Operations, Finance and Administration
Attending a Board meeting
Commission board and committee meetings are held on the secure side of Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport's Terminal 1. Depending on demand, it generally takes less than four minutes to obtain a security pass to gain access to the board chambers, but remember to give yourself time to park and be screened prior to the meeting. Follow these instructions to attend:
- Park in Daily Parking at Terminal 1. Please pull a ticket and bring it with you to have it validated at the meeting to avoid parking fees.
- Present a government-issued photo ID (driver's license) to the personnel at the Information Booth on Level T. They will prepare a security pass for you and direct you to the Departures Level.
- Use the North Security Checkpoint to pass through security. You will be asked to show your ID and security pass at that time.
- Once through security, proceed to your left. Go through the airport mall and look for the signs for the Airport Conference Center above the entrance to Concourse F.
The board meetings take place at the MSP Airport Conference Center on the Mezzanine Level above the Delta Air Lines Sky Club.
Use the stairs or elevator to go up one level.
For more information, call 612-726-5555.
Speaking at a meeting
Members of the public are invited to speak at MAC committee and board meetings. Comments are welcome during the Open Forum section of the agenda. The meeting chair, at his or her discretion, may also invite comments related to specific agenda items during commission discussions. Comments are limited to a maximum of two minutes. The chair will indicate when the board or committee is inviting public comment
Written Comment for a Meeting
If you wish to provide written comment for the Open Forum segment of the agenda or on an agenda item in lieu of speaking at an upcoming meeting, address your correspondence to the meeting chairperson with a request that it be distributed to all members of the committee or Commission.
Written comments received in this manner or at a meeting will be acknowledged in the minutes of the meeting.
Occasionally the MAC holds other public meetings both on and offsite. For details about these meetings, click on the Other MAC Meetings tab.
For meeting information associated with airport noise, whether at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport or one of MAC's six general aviation airports, please click on the Noise Program tab.