Upon the completion of the Lake Elmo Long-Term Comprehensive Plan (LTCP) in 2016 and a joint Environmental Assessment/Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EA/EAW) in 2018, construction of Lake Elmo Airport improvements began in late 2019. This webpage will provide regular updates on the construction activity.
The improvements at Lake Elmo Airport include the following elements:
- Relocate and extend Runway 14/32 to 3,500 feet
- Realign 30th Street North around the relocated runway protection zone and reconnect to the existing intersection with Neal Avenue
- Construct a new Crossfield taxiway to serve the new Runway 14 end
- Convert the existing runway to a parallel taxiway and construct other taxiways as needed to support the relocated runway
- Reconstruct and extend crosswind Runway 4/22 to 2,750 feet
- Upgrade instrument approach to use newer technology
The construction activity is divided into three phases:
- Phase 1: Realign 30th Street North between Manning Avenue and Neal Avenue (November 2019 through July 2020).
- Phase 2: Construction of new Runway 14/32 and taxiways (Fall 2020 through Summer 2021).
- Phase 3: Completion of new Runway 14/32 and taxiways and convert existing runway to parallel taxiway (Fall 2021 through Summer 2022).
Subscribe for updates!
Click to sign up
Subscribers will be sent regular construction updates.
Construction Project Updates
- August 2021 Update
- July 2021 Update
- May 2021 Update
- Storm Water Management Fact Sheet
- March 2021 Update
- January 2021 Update
- November 2020 Update
- October 2020 Update
- September 2020 Update
- July 2020 Update
- 30th Street Detour Update
- May 2020 Update
- April 2020 Update
- March 2020 Update
- February 2020 Update